Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What do fundamentalist Evangelicals think of Catholics?

Many if not most claim that we are not Christians. As a former fundie and a current Catholic I think I understand the reasons for this. If you admit that Catholics are Christians then your church loses its legitimacy. If Catholics are Christians, and we are, then protestants were wrong to split from the church. Catholics are the original Christians. Admitting this leaves a protestant with three choices, become a Catholic or lie to their self. Or as a third option attack the church in an effort to legitimize your decision not to be a part of the church Christ founded. I started choice three attacking the church. I then went to choice two and lied to myself for a while. I am now in RCIA cles and following choice one. It is one of the best decisions I have ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment